We have a fantastic opportunity for an engineer passionate to share their knowledge and develop engineers of the future to join us as a trainee teacher.
Are you passionate about Engineering & Manufacturing? Can you make learning fun and accessible for learners with different abilities and learning styles? Can you engage with a wide range of employers and deliver training to meet those individual requirements?
We are now recruiting a trainee Engineering Teacher to join the existing teaching team. Experience within the engineering sector is crucial.
Supported by the Education & Training Foundation & Blackburn College you will be required to undertake a level 5 Certificate in Education & Training whilst working as a vocational teacher supporting a wide range of engineering and manufacturing apprentices through their training.
Our learners are employed as apprentices within the sector and require their skills, knowledge and behaviours developing to meet the employers’ requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake teaching and administrative duties in the employers' workplace or in dedicated workshops.
Teach learners by planning effective teaching to enable learning and progression through:
- Identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how these will be taught and assessed
- Setting tasks which challenge learners and ensure high levels of engagement and interest
- Setting appropriate and demanding expectations, clear targets, and building on prior knowledge and attainment
- Making effective use of assessment and ensure complete coverage of the standards content
- Ensuring students acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding, and behaviours relevant to the subject in preparation for the End Point Assessment
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, Reporting
- Develop, deliver, mark and monitor learners' work, and set targets for progress where required
- Assess and record learners’ progress and keep records as required
- Prepare and present information for inclusion in EPA as required
Other Professional Requirements
- Operate always within the policies and practices of the company
- Establish effective working relationships and set a good example through personal and professional conduct
- Endeavour to give every learner the opportunity to reach their full potential and meet high expectations
- Take responsibility for continuing professional development and duties in relation internal policies and procedures
- Carry out other duties as required from time to time
- A teaching qualification is not a requirement - as we can support the successful candidate to achieve either a PGCE or a level 5 equivalent (Our supported investment will cover all course fees)
- Current up to date experience within the engineering sector is essential
- Willingness to develop own personal engineering skills, knowledge and behaviours by attending at least a 5-day industrial placement
- A desire and passion to share their skills, knowledge and behaviours to future engineers
- Digital literacy skills
- Maths and English skills (to level 2 or willingness to work towards)
- Strong rapport building skills
- Attention to detail for record-keeping
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines
- A commitment to continuous professional development
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be a performance-driven team player
The successful candidate will be required to have the following core behaviours:
- Health & Safety– follows health & safety policies and procedures and be prepared to challenge unsafe behaviour using appropriate techniques to ensure the protection of people and property when working alone and/or with appropriate supervision
- Quality focused– ensures that work achieves quality standard both occupationally and personally
- Working with others– works well with people from different disciplines, backgrounds and expertise to accomplish an activity safely and on time
- Interpersonal skills– gets along well with others and takes into account their needs and concerns
- Critical reasoning– uses resources, techniques and obtained facts to develop sound solutions while recognising and defining problems
- Sustainability and ethical behaviour– behaves ethically and undertakes work in a way that contributes to sustainable development
- Risk awareness– demonstrates high concentration, the desire to reduce risks, ability to be compliant and awareness of change, through regular monitoring and checking of information
This appointment will be subject to clearance from the Disclosure Barring Service (formerly CRB). Employment is conditional upon successful DBS clearance and on receiving satisfactory references. Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
You will also be required to use your own transport to travel to and from employers premises.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you
A wide range of personal and professional training and CPD
Contributory company pension scheme
33 Days Holiday per year
Performance related bonus scheme
If you're interested in working with us send your C.V. and covering letter stating how you can enhance our team and why you'd like to join us
Or call Noel on 08000 50 2324 for an informal chat.
Springfield Training Limited is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expect all colleagues to share this commitment. This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, medical clearance and satisfactory references.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: 18000 - 24000